We are looking to add a skilled Staff Accountant to the finance team, to support both organic growth and growth through acquisition. The Staff Accountant is an integral position in the finance department and will be responsible for creating and maintaining accurate and timely financial records for the organization. This position offers internal growth potential as well as professional development within a fast-growing entrepreneurial company.
- Complete Accounts Payable and Receivable functions, such as vendor bill entry, vendor payments, employee expense review and entry, customer invoicing, customer payment entry, etc., to ensure accuracy and timeliness of processing.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare and post general ledger entries, reconcile accounts, and maintain proper internal controls and record keeping as part of the monthly close process.
- Compile and analyze financial information to maintain proper internal controls and record keeping, and make recommendations for areas of improvement.
- Identify errors in entries and processes and provide direction and training to others to ensure that errors are resolved and do not continue, escalating when needed.
- Create and update product records to ensure that products are priced correctly and reporting is accurate.
- Reconcile and file sales tax in multiple jurisdictions, as well as GST and VAT.
- Assist with monthly sales commission calculation and payment.
- Document accounting and control procedures and ensure adherence to all policies.
- Work with other departments to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide supporting documentation and analytical information for the company’s tax advisors and all external audits.
- Provide accounting support for additional acquisitions.
- Assist in special projects as needed
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting processes and procedures.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player with strong attention to detail. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans when there are competing demands to meet deadlines.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence, and good judgment. Demonstrates the same in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors, and others.
- 2+ years of accounting experience in established middle-market companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business, or a minor in business, accounting, or finance with relevant experience.
- Skilled in the use of enterprise-level accounting software, Microsoft Office, and other business software systems.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Strong experience with daily Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable functions.
- Experience with Salesforce software.
- Experience with Sage Intacct software.
- Software industry experience.
- Experience in multiple currency transactions and inter-company transactions.
- Experience with sales tax calculations and filing in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user.
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, vision, dental, and life insurance)
- 401K match
- Paid Time Off
- Nine paid company holidays
This is a full-time role based in Portland, OR. Interested parties are encouraged to send a cover letter detailing why you think you could be a great fit, along with an updated resume. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Routeware, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination or harassment. At Routeware, we are committed to the principle of equality and all employment decisions are based on job requirements, business needs and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.