Webaspx is part of Routeware Global, the waste and recycling industry’s most trusted technology company. Our enterprise cloud and mobile solutions help an established customer base of local authorities and private environmental service companies save time and money, increase efficiency, engage residents in environmental programmes, and green up our world. The company is headquartered in Portland, Oregon with offices across the USA, Canada and the UK. Our technologies include routing/optimisation, on board computing and SAAS hosted solutions to help our customers operate efficiently and engage effectively with the public.
As part of our global sales function, the UK Solutions Engineer will lead on delivering convincing product demonstrations for our UK product portfolio and resolving any technical queries raised during the sales process. They will provide a key link between our technical and commercial teams. Of equal importance is the need to develop strong relationships with existing customers to understand and advise customers on the gap between actual and potential benefits achievable from our solutions and how to close it to maximise ROI and client retention. The role would provide a varied and challenging role for a technically capable individual looking to work more closely with the commercial end of the business. Experience of working on web-based solutions and/or niche mobile application solutions would be ideal.
The role would provide a varied and challenging role for a technically capable individual working closer to the commercial end of the business.
- Own and deliver the key technical elements of UK sales cycles within large scale and complex customer opportunities.
- Demonstrates technical leadership and subject matter expertise on the Webaspx product portfolio.
- Create demo data sets and design effective product demonstrations (with guidance from sales and technical teams) in order that we can most effectively demonstrate our solutions to prospective customers. Demos are required for different audiences/contexts.
- Train the sales team to deliver demonstrations
- To act as the go-to person where there is the need to confirm functional and technical information related to a tender/request for proposal (RFP) document, statement of work or other customer enquiry.
- Qualify sales opportunities based on customer technical requirements and answer technical questions arising from sales visits.
- Support sales calls/visits.
- Attend customer sites pre and post implementation to identify opportunities, issues and improve communication between the client and the company.
- Complete gap analysis at customer sites identifying systematic changes the customer can make to get more benefit from our technology whether it be end user training, system integration or other improvements.
- Carry out customer visits to map client deployment effectiveness, identify issues, propose methods to improve customer engagement with our technology and identify new sales opportunities.
- Other sales support activities to support the sales team and customer base.
- a) Previously held a position with in-depth expertise in a comparable product (e.g., web product and/or mobile application) as either
- o A user;
- o a member of a technical support team or equivalent supporting the product; or
- o a sales engineer or comparable techno-commercial or commercial role.
Experience of other roles that demonstrate a willingness to “master” a comparable technology would also be acceptable.
- b) Clear verbal and written communicator who is comfortable with daily customer interaction.
- c) Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with clients and with the company’s technical and commercial staff.
- d) Able to travel within the UK regularly and when required.
- e) Experience of giving presentations to varied audiences
- f) Full UK driving licence preferred and willingness to travel across the UK regularly
- g) Knowledge of or experience of dispatch/route planning systems or other in-field mobile systems.
- h) Salesforce, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, Confluence