Routeware Global is an industry-leading fleet automation and analytics software company headquartered in Portland, Oregon, with offices throughout the United States and in the United Kingdom and Canada. Our brands, products, and services provide an all-in-one solution to municipal and private waste haulers and other fleet services. As part of an essential, growing industry, we seek solution-oriented team players who yearn to make an impact in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun work environment that appreciates innovation and initiative.
We are looking to add a skilled Accounts Payable Accountant to the finance team, to support both organic growth and growth through acquisition. The AP Accountant is an integral position in the finance department and will be responsible for creating and maintaining accurate and timely financial records for the organization. This position offers internal growth potential as well as professional development within a fast-growing entrepreneurial company.
● Complete all Accounts Payable functions, such as vendor bill entry, vendor payments, purchase order processing and three-way matching, cash management, employee expense review and entry, 1099 preparation and disbursement, AP email box monitoring etc., to ensure accuracy and timeliness of processing.
● Complete monthly expense reporting and analysis by customer of certain direct costs to ensure that the company does not operate at a loss in these areas. Provide direction to other departments to verify that corrections are made as necessary.
● Compile and analyze financial information to prepare and post general ledger entries, reconcile accounts, and maintain proper internal controls and record keeping as part of the monthly close process.
● Document accounting and control procedures and ensure adherence to all policies.
● Work with other departments to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
● Provide supporting documentation and analytical information for the company’s tax advisors and all external audits.
● Provide accounting support for additional acquisitions.
● Assist in special projects as needed.
● Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
● Well-organized, self-directed team player with strong attention to detail. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
● Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
● Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans when there are competing demands to meet deadlines.
● Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence, and good judgment. Demonstrates the same in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors, and others.
● 1+ years of Accounts Payable experience in established middle-market companies
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business, or a minor in business, accounting, or finance with relevant experience
● Skilled in the use of enterprise-level accounting software, Microsoft Office, and other business software systems
● Strong mathematical, analytical, and organizational skills and attention to detail
● Advanced Microsoft Excel user
● Experience with Salesforce software
● Experience with Sage Intacct software
● Software industry experience
● Experience in multiple currency transactions and inter-company transactions
● Experience with sales tax calculations and filing in multiple jurisdictions