Routeware Global is an industry-leading fleet automation and analytics software company headquartered in Portland, Oregon, with offices throughout the United States and in the United Kingdom and Canada. Our brands, products, and services provide an all-in-one solution to municipal and private waste haulers and other fleet services. As part of an essential, growing industry, we seek solution-oriented team players who yearn to make an impact in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun work environment that appreciates innovation and initiative.
We are looking to add a skilled Senior Accountant to the finance team, to support both organic growth and growth through acquisition. The Senior Accountant is an integral position in the finance department and will be responsible for creating and maintaining accurate and timely financial records for the organization. This position offers internal growth potential as well as professional development within a fast-growing entrepreneurial company.
- Complete all General Ledger functions, such as such as month end reconciliations, journal entries, reporting and analysis, fixed assets, revenue, inventory, prepaids, intercompany, etc., to ensure accuracy and timeliness of processing.
- Compile and analyze financial information to maintain proper internal controls and record keeping, and make recommendations for areas of improvement.
- Identify errors in entries and processes and provide direction and training to others to ensure that errors are resolved and do not continue, escalating when needed.
- Participate heavily in the monthly close of the company’s financial statements, and assist in the creation of the monthly close report provided to Management.
- Assist in financial analysis, budget preparation, and department reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of standard and specialized financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Provide supporting documentation and analytical information for the company’s tax advisors and all external audits.
- Work with other departments to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Document accounting and control procedures and ensure adherence to all policies.
- Provide accounting support for additional acquisitions.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player with strong attention to detail. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans when there are competing demands to meet deadlines.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence, and good judgment. Demonstrates the same in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors, and others.
- 5+ years of accounting experience in established middle-market companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business, or a minor in business, accounting, or finance with relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting processes and procedures.
- Skilled in the use of enterprise-level accounting software, Microsoft Office, and other business software systems.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong foundation in daily Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable functions.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user.
- Experience with Salesforce software.
- Experience with Intacct software.
- Software industry experience.
- Experience in multiple currency transactions and inter-company transactions.