Routeware Global is an industry-leading fleet automation and analytics software company headquartered in Portland, Oregon, with offices throughout the United States and in the United Kingdom and Canada. Our brands, products, and services provide an all-in-one solution to municipal and private waste haulers and other fleet services. As part of an essential, growing industry, we seek solution-oriented team players who yearn to make an impact in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun work environment that appreciates innovation and initiative.
We are looking to add a skilled Accounting Assistant to the finance team, to support both organic growth and growth through acquisition. The Accounting Assistant is an integral position in the finance department and will be responsible for creating and maintaining accurate process and policy documentation for the organization, as well as cross-training and providing backup for many accounting and finance tasks. This position offers internal growth potential, as well as professional development within a fast-growing entrepreneurial company.
- Document accounting and control procedures and ensure adherence to all policies.
- Train on and document all Accounts Payable functions, such as vendor bill entry, vendor payments, purchase order processing and three-way matching, cash management, employee expense review and entry, 1099 preparation and disbursement, AP email box monitoring etc., to ensure accuracy and timeliness of processing.
- Train on and document all Accounts Receivable functions, such as customer invoicing, order processing, customer payment entry, collections, revenue posting and review, AR email box monitoring, etc., to ensure accuracy and timeliness of processing.
- Train on and document all General Accounting functions, such as month end reconciliations and journals, reporting, payroll, inventory, taxes, etc., to ensure accuracy and timeliness of processing.
- Work with other departments to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player with strong attention to detail. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans when there are competing demands to meet deadlines.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence, and good judgment. Demonstrates the same in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors, and others.
- Strong technical writing experience documenting detailed policies and procedures.
- Degree in accounting or business, or a minor in business, accounting, or finance with relevant experience.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office and other business software systems.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- 1+ year of accounting experience in established middle-market companies.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user.
- Experience with Salesforce software.
- Experience with Sage Intacct software.
- Software industry experience.
- Experience in multiple currency transactions and inter-company transactions.
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, vision, dental, and life insurance)
- 401K match
- Paid Time Off
- Nine company holidays
This is a full-time role based in Seattle, WA. Interested parties are encouraged to send a cover letter detailing why you think you could be a great fit, along with an updated resume. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Routeware Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination or harassment. At Routeware, we are committed to the principle of equality and all employment decisions are based on job requirements, business needs and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.