We are looking to add a skilled Bookkeeper to the finance team, to support both organic growth and growth through acquisition. The Bookkeeper is an integral position in the finance department and will be responsible for creating and maintaining accurate and timely financial records for the organization. This position offers internal growth potential as well as professional development within a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company. This role will have a hybrid schedule, some remote work and some in office work.
- Complete all Accounts Payable functions, such as vendor bill entry, vendor payments, purchase order processing and three-way matching, cash management, employee expense review and entry, AP email box monitoring, etc.
- Complete all Accounts Receivable functions, such as customer invoicing, order processing, customer payment entry, collections, revenue posting and review, AR email box monitoring, etc.
- Prepare and file VAT returns and ensure compliance.
- Coordinate and regularly meet virtually with the corporate USA team to maintain an open line of communication within the full department.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare and post general ledger entries, reconcile accounts, and maintain proper internal controls and record keeping as part of the monthly close process.
- Document accounting and control procedures and ensure adherence to all policies.
- Work with other departments to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide supporting documentation and analytical information for the company’s tax advisors and all external audits.
- Provide accounting support for additional acquisitions.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player with strong attention to detail. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans when there are competing demands to meet deadlines.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence, and good judgment. Demonstrates the same in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors, and others.
- 1+ year of accounting experience in established middle-market companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business, or a minor in business, accounting, or finance with relevant experience.
- Skilled in the use of enterprise-level accounting software, Microsoft Office, and other business software systems.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user.
- Experience with Salesforce software.
- Experience with Sage Intacct software.
- Software industry experience.
- Experience in multiple currency transactions and inter-company transactions.
The preceding position description is intended only to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by an incumbent employee in this position. It is not intended to be construed either as an employment contract or as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified or assigned.