Routeware Global is the industry leader in providing software and data analysis that enables public and private enterprises to improve the effectiveness of their waste and recycling programs. Our solutions help organizations save time and money, increase efficiency, improve safety and help make our world a greener place.
Based in Portland, Oregon, the company employs a distributed team across North America and the UK. Our brands, products, and services provide an all-in-one solution to municipal and private waste haulers and other fleet services. As part of an essential and growing industry, we seek solution-oriented team players who want to positively impact the environment. Our work environment is collaborative, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun with a strong appreciation for innovation and initiative.
We are looking to add a skilled Accounts Receivable Accountant to the finance team, to support both organic growth and growth through acquisition. The AR Accountant is an integral position in the finance department and will be responsible for creating and maintaining accurate and timely financial records for the organization. This position offers internal growth potential as well as professional development within a fast-growing entrepreneurial company.
● Complete all Accounts Receivable functions, such as customer invoicing, order processing, customer payment entry, collections, revenue posting and review, AR email box monitoring, etc., to ensure accuracy and timeliness of processing.
● Complete reporting and analysis by customer of certain direct costs to ensure that the company does not operate at a loss in these areas by invoicing customers as applicable. Provide direction to other departments to verify that corrections are made as necessary.
● Compile and analyze financial information to assist with general ledger entries, reconciling accounts, and maintaining proper internal controls and record keeping as part of the monthly close process.
● Document accounting and control procedures and ensure adherence to all policies.
● Work with other departments to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
● Provide supporting documentation and analytical information for the company’s tax advisors and all external audits.
● Provide accounting support for additional acquisitions.
● Assist in special projects as needed.
● Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
● Well-organized, self-directed team player with strong attention to detail. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
● Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
● Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans when there are competing demands to meet deadlines.
● Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence, and good judgment. Demonstrates the same in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors, and others.
● 1+ years of Accounts Receivable experience in established middle-market companies.
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business, or a minor in business, accounting, or finance with relevant experience.
● Skilled in the use of enterprise-level accounting software, Microsoft Office, and other business software systems.
● Strong mathematical, analytical, and organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Advanced Microsoft Excel user.
● Experience with Salesforce software.
● Experience with Sage Intacct software.
● Software industry experience.
● Experience in multiple currency transactions and inter-company transactions.
This is a full-time role based anywhere in the United States Interested parties are encouraged to send a cover letter detailing why you think you would be a great fit, along with an updated resume. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Routeware Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination or harassment. At Routeware, we are committed to the principle of equality. All employment decisions are based on job requirements, business needs, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.