Routeware Global is the industry leader in providing software and data analysis that enables public and private enterprises to improve the effectiveness of their waste and recycling programs. Our solutions help organizations save time and money, increase efficiency, improve safety and help make our world a greener place.
Based in Portland, Oregon, the company employs a distributed team across North America and the UK. Our brands, products, and services provide an all-in-one solution to municipal and private waste haulers and other fleet services. As part of an essential and growing industry, we seek solution-oriented team players who want to positively impact the environment. Our work environment is collaborative, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun with a strong appreciation for innovation and initiative.
The Vice President of Marketing will own the overall marketing and communication strategy for Routeware Global. Reporting directly to the CEO, this highly visible role will be in charge of promoting and building awareness of our global brand and bringing in qualified leads to the sales pipeline. This is a fast-paced role perfect for those with a growth mindset. We screen for and select intellectually curious individuals in order to create a positive and safe environment for innovation. We have a collaborative team with leaders that are empowered to deliver results. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leading marketing for a high-growth, SaaS business.
- ● Develop and execute on comprehensive marketing strategy to build brand awareness and drive new business opportunities through a variety of channels
- ● Evolve a clear brand voice and messaging to address expanding the product portfolio with strong persona-based marketing up to and including the C-Suite
- ● Partner closely with sales leadership to develop initiatives to increase the sales pipeline, build the prospect database and achieve revenue goals and strategic company objectives
- ● Build and adhere to annual marketing budget with ROI estimates and ongoing reporting of digital marketing and lead generation activities to evaluate strategy and update accordingly
to promote new features and releases
- Lead SEO (search engine optimization) initiatives to drive new business opportunities
- Plan and manage campaigns and production of external content such as white papers, blogs, articles, videos, case studies, and press releases that highlight success stories
- Strong understanding of industry and product knowledge to leverage in order to offer solutions to clients and prospects
- Build, develop and lead a high-performing, results-focused marketing team and engage with agencies/contractors.
- Foster an environment of iteration and continuous learning to identify opportunities for process improvement
- Partner with the sales operations team to ensure the alignment of best practices
- Own a calendar of events for webinars, conferences and thought leadership contributions and oversee participation in industry conferences and events
- Lead PR-related activities to garner media coverage and promote company updates
- Oversight of social media strategy and execution
- Prior success building and leading marketing teams and experience aggressively scaling a high growth B2B enterprise business, ideally from $40M to $100M+
- Past experience leading marketing for enterprise software companies and successfully leading a marketing/brand strategy for a company with multiple add-ons/acquisitions
- Expertise as a demand gen/revenue-oriented marketing leader with expertise in digital marketing/web that can work closely with the sales team
- Background working for software companies that have sold into the municipalities, government space, or helping companies enter new industries would be preferred
- Prior international experience and leading marketing for a global company would be a plus
- Subject matter expertise in enterprise SaaS marketing with an emphasis on positioning, messaging, pricing, competitive analysis, and sales enablement
- Experience or gravitas to report directly to the CEO and build relationships with the Board
- Successful track record of leading marketing in complex environments ideally for a PE-backed sponsor would be a huge plus
- Proven ability to recruit, retain and motivate high performing and distributed marketing teams
- Deep operational experience in building and scaling high performing sales teams and skilled at creating and following new processes/structures
- Company is headquartered in Portland, but open to where the person sits
- Practical working knowledge of Google Analytics and Advertising, LinkedIn, and other Social Media and Advertising Platforms
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Canva, Zoom, Hubspot, and Salesforce
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, vision, dental, and life insurance)
- 401K match
- 3 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Nine company holidays
This is a full-time role ideally based on the West Coast and will require some travel to Portland headquarters. Interested parties are encouraged to send a cover letter detailing why you think you would be a great fit, along with an updated resume. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Routeware Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination or harassment. At Routeware, we are committed to the principle of equality, and all employment decisions are based on job requirements, business needs, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.